Most recently I have served as the Product Marketing Manager at NAVTEQ, Map Network division (location-based marketing solutions), and JackBe (Web 2.0 Mashup server), where I developed strategic positioning and messaging for new, and repackaged products while translating market requirements and relaying to the development team. Regarding marketing, I drove the creation of all components of corporate & product marketing collateral, website vision and requirements, sales tools, training, and managed the marketing communications team and PR firm.
I offer a combination of young and growing company/startup entrepreneurial experience with familiarity working for large public companies. Although my experience has primarily been in b2b, my approach to product marketing is persona-based (Pragmatic Marketing) which I believe extends to direct consumer business models as well. I view both as understanding your markets needs whether business or consumer, and then positioning products to those.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Product Marketing and Business Development professional with experience in creating and managing marketing, sales, and product strategies in both software and internet solution launches and partnerships. Driven, results oriented team player who is passionate about solving problems and introducing new solutions that change the way individuals work, collaborate, and socialize.
- Skills: Product Strategy, Product Positioning & Messaging, Product Marketing, Sales, Business Strategy and Planning, and Business Development
- Technical competency: Web 2.0 (Mashups, social collaborative networking, blogging, wikis),
applications, SOA, SaaS, Web Services, Location-based services. Enterprise
8/07-12-07 Product Marketing Manager
Managed product, and corporate marketing components for NAVTEQ’s Map Network brand; a location- based marketing solution aimed at large destination and event markets. Repackaged solution to align with new company vision and revenue goals.
· Repackaged core offering to align and scale to management’s revenue targets
· Aided in the rebuilding of the marketing department
· Lead the website redesign requirements and online social strategy.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Definition and implementation of product marketing strategy and programs
- Technology packaging
- Product strategy, branding, go-to-market launch plans
- Sales tools eg. product demonstrations, case studies, and collateral
- New product identification in response to changing market opportunities
11/05-8/07 Product Marketing Manager
Managed product and corporate marketing strategy and tactics for rapidly-growing venture-funded startup. Developed strategic positioning and messaging for JackBe’s Web 2.0 Mashup solution.
· 100% revenue growth from 2005 to 2006
· Managed go-to-market-strategy creation and execution for
· Positioned JackBe as a thought leader in Enterprise Web 2.0 space leading to 33% increase in qualified leads.
· Identified product partner opportunities which resulted in richer product offerings that more closely met the needs of the target markets leading to 25% more revenue generated through partner programs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Product roadmap creation and maintenance
- Positioning, messaging, packaging, and pricing
- Demand generation strategies and execution
- Developed promotional collateral, sales training materials, and demonstrations
- Managed company-wide teams to ensure effective operations and product launches
- Developed and supported of client communications
- Win/loss analysis, competitive comparisons
- Managed conference and strategic presentations and media interviews
3/04-10/04 MBA – Executive Management Internship
· Responsible for assisting in executing the vision of a small, growing entrepreneurial technology company
· Reviewed/refined/defined company’s market position, and message; conducted strategic market research into competitors, prospects, products, and pricing
· Identified, targeted, tracked, and contacted potential sales prospects
· Lead in updating company business plan and strategic documents
· Project management – managed disparate project teams and resources
UCLID SOFTWARE, LLC
5/00-07/03 Western Regional Sales & Marketing Manager
Managed the marketing, sales, and partner efforts for the
· Increased revenues by 10% in 2001
· Continually lead Western Region as the top revenue source region for three years
· Drove programs in region that delivered >300 qualified leads, an increase of 150%
Role and Responsibilities:
· Sales Lifecycle: Responsible for entire sales cycle including quarterly forecasting, and marketing campaigns in Western United States resulting in the most profitable territory for four consecutive quarters.
· Product Marketing: Developed strategic positioning and messaging for existing and new GIS product; drove the creation of all components of marketing collateral, sales tools, training, custom and strategic presentations for the assigned region.
· Revenue Generation: Consistently the top sales representative meeting quarterly quotas through cold calling and lead generation follow-up.
· Product Management: Worked closely with engineering to ensure new products met market needs.
· Strong Communication Skills: Attended tradeshows and presented product at market seminars resulting in largest company sale to the Bureau of Land Management,
· Building Business Opportunities: Qualified new and managed existing resellers within territory creating a network of UCLID representatives and client training centers resulting in increased territory sales and company awareness.
PRAGMATIC MARKETING – Effective Product Marketing (EPM) Course, 07
Master of Business Administration, December 2005
Concentration: Management of Global Information Technology
UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-EAU CLAIRE
Bachelors of Business Administration May 2000
PHI ETA SIGMA National Honor Society, President
Golden Key National Honor Society, Vice President
Concentration: Management-Entrepreneurship Program; Minor Finance